Following a thorough analysis of Korea’s relative strengths in the global economy, with an eye to market trends and heightened levels of globalization, the Korean governments has selected 17 new growth engine industries across three sectors to actively foster and promote. With a protracted multiyear investment, the selected 17 are expected to serve as future drivers of economic growth as the nation continues to accelerate development and firmly establish itself as a global, economic elite.
- Benchmark ‘best examples’ of other countries to boost the entrepreneurial spirit of domestic firms.
Discover New Investment Areas
- Examine new, high value-added industries as possible future growth engines; compose comprehensive development strategies (R&D, manpower, etc.) to use as a roadmap.
- Facilitate investment in regional economies by providing additional incentives and removing impediments.
Improve Investment Systems
- Scrutinize investment regulations under MOTIE’s jurisdiction.
- Encourage greater competition and M&A to enhance global competitiveness.
- Operate the newly-established Corporate Assistance Center to offer investment related services and information both on and offline.