Policy Direction > Energy Policies
MOTIE is working to ensure a stable and steady energy supply to meet the nation’s growing demand.
- compile reserves to ease any disruption in supply; increase the number of stockpiling facilities for commercial use.
- extend infrastructure to supply natural gas to households; promote compact and hybrid vehicles to run on LPG.
- secure an efficient energy mix; increase supply capacity; effectively manage demand.
- gradually raise briquette prices to control demand.
Prevention of Accidents
- implement an advanced gas safety system on a national scale; conduct regular safety checks on electrical equipment.